Effective Date: 11-February-2022
Retisio Inc. cares about your privacy. We want you to be well acquainted with how we collect, use, and disclose data. This Privacy Statement covers the collection, use, and disclosure of data collected via Retisio.com and addresses the data collection and handling practices related to this site only. Other websites, including those provided by partners of Retisio, are governed by their privacy statements.
By using this site, you are subject to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
We collect or obtain data related to you in various ways, as described below. Such data may include personal data – information that alone or in combination with other information identifies you as an individual or can be reasonably linked to your identity.
Data you provide
When you submit questions, request information or give us feedback through this site, we may ask you for data, like your name, postal address, telephone number and email address, so that we can respond or follow up. We may also ask you to provide other data relevant to your question, request, or feedback, such as your geographical location, industry and preferred contact method.
You may also make requests through this site to exercise your rights under applicable privacy laws. We will collect and maintain data related to such requests to respond to you and for our audit and legal compliance purposes.
We generally do not seek data that is considered “special” or “sensitive” personal data from visitors of this site. For example, government-issued identification numbers, information related to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership). We urge that you do not provide such data. If we specifically require “special” or “sensitive” personal data we will request your consent to use the data as per this Privacy Statement in the ways described at the point where you were asked to disclose the data. If you voluntarily share with us or post/upload any “special” or “sensitive” personal data to this site for any other reason you consent that we may use such data as per applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
Please note that any information or materials you post or disclose on this site via message boards, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services (including social media services) are publicly available and seen by other visitors to this site. Consider this when you decide to disclose any personal data or other information on this site.
Data collected from Your use of this site
We automatically receive certain data about the computer or device you are using when you visit this site. This includes your
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Information about the browser or type of device you are using.
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags.
- Date and time of your visit.
- The web page you visited immediately before visiting this site.
- Videos or other content you view on this site. The type, name of the content and the time viewed.
We use your data for the purpose it was collected or provided to us. We may also use data to:
- Administer and manage this site, communicate to you about this site, process your request for information or complete a service you request.
- Customize or personalize your user experience and the content we deliver to you. This helps us provide content that is more relevant to you.
- Contact you about Retisio’s products and services: provide promotional materials or offers for products/services from Retisio. Send other communications about Retisio’s business and events (marketing communications). We may provide these communications and offers via email, postal mail, online, social media platforms, text messages, and other means.
- For our internal business purposes: data analysis, conduct research & analytics about your use of this site and interaction with us. Develop new products. Improve this site and our existing products and services. Identify usage trends and assess the performance of our advertisements. Optimize our advertising campaigns and determine the effectiveness of our communications.
- Protect the rights, safety, property or operations of one or more Retisio affiliates, you or others.
- Comply with applicable law and/or respond to requests and communications from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
Note that you may unsubscribe from a Retisio mailing list at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our marketing communications to you. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further marketing communications. We may continue to contact you for any services you have requested.
We will never use your personal data to advertise, promote, or market third-party goods or services to you. Additionally, we will not license or publish any of your personal data. We do not and will not sell any personal data to third parties for their commercial use.
Basis for processing personal data
As per the law in certain countries, we state the legal basis upon which we rely to process personal data.
We may rely on the consent that you provide us at the point of data collection or disclosure to process such data for the purposes outlined herein.
We may rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, provided that our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. We may process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in the effective and lawful operation of this site and our businesses, as well as the effective delivery of information and services to you. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
Compliance with legal obligations:
We may process your personal data if necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation arising under an applicable law to which we are subject. To the extent that we process any “special” or “sensitive” categories of personal data relating to you, we will do so because:
- You have given us your explicit consent to carry out such processing.
- The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have made the data manifestly public.
If you have questions or concerns about the legal basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of personal data
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “Data use” section above, we may disclose your data to:
- Third parties providing services to us – system hosting, management and support, data analysis, facilitation of advertisements, data backup, data security and storage services.
- Relevant third parties as part of a corporate transaction – reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer. Disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- Competent governmental and public authorities in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
- Other third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law
- to comply with legal process
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain
In addition, this site may contain content and plugins from social media platforms like Facebook (“Like” button), Twitter (“Share to Twitter”), Linkedin and others. These plugins allow you to share information from this site to your timeline or account. When you connect to these services, the third parties may store and/or access data (including using cookies and other similar technologies) over which we do not have control. If you are logged into one of your social media accounts while visiting a webpage on this site that contains a social media plugin, the social media plugin may allow the relevant social media platform to receive information that you visited this site and link it to your social media account. We do not control these third-party platforms and the information collected is governed by the privacy statement of the third party that provides the relevant platform. We encourage you to review these platforms’ privacy statements for more information.
The disclosures described in this section may result in the transfer of your data to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence. By providing us with your data and using this site, you are acknowledging that your data may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence.
Cookies and other internet technologies
- Session cookies: which expire when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies: which remain on your device after you close your browser until you delete them or they expire.
We use these technologies for security purposes such as:
- help you navigate this site.
- display information more effectively.
- serve you better with tailored information on this site.
- gather statistical information about how visitors use this site.
- continually improve its design and functions.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that may set cookies in your browser, to help us understand how visitors engage with this site.
Other third-party cookies and technologies
We also enable third-party cookies and similar technologies to collect or receive data from this site and elsewhere. We use this data for various purposes such as:
- Serve advertisements targeted to users’ interests.
- Retarget visitors to this site.
- Conversion tracking – tracking users’ actions after viewing or engaging with our advertisements.
- Measure ad effectiveness.
- Ensure that you do not see the same ad repeatedly.
These cookies and similar technologies collect data about your browsing habits and online behavior across different browsers and devices used by you, to serve advertisements that may be of interest to you.
Third parties may also use data about your use of this site. It helps them target non-Retisio advertisements based on your online behavior or interests in general. Data collected generally includes actions you take on this site. For example, URL of the previously visited website, device and browser data (IP address, operating system, browser type), timestamp and events (page views). In some cases, this data is connected to your social network ID. Please note that Retisio is not responsible for practices by such third parties. These practices are subject to their companies’ policies. You may use industry platforms to opt-out of interest-based advertising.
This Privacy Statement does not address and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties, including those that operate websites to which this site links. The inclusion of a link on this site does not imply that we or our affiliates endorse the practices of the linked website.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect data under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you feel that the security of any data we hold about you is compromised, please notify us immediately of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com.
Exercising your rights
You can choose how your personal data is handled. We are committed to providing you with reasonable access to your personal data and the ability to review/limit the use of such data under applicable law.
Depending on your country (or U.S. state) of residence, you may have the right to:
- request confirmation that we are processing your personal data.
- request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- request that we update the personal data we hold about you or correct such data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- restrict how we use your personal data (if we have no legal right to keep using it) or limit our use of your personal data (if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- object to our processing of your personal data.
- withdraw the consent that you have given us to process your personal data.
- request that we delete the personal data we hold about you.
- complain to the data protection or privacy authority in your country of residence regarding our processing of your personal data.
If you are interested in exercising one or more of the rights described above, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may require proof of your identity before exercising these rights.
We will not discriminate against you if you decide to exercise your rights under applicable law.
Because we want to avoid taking action regarding your personal data at the direction of someone other than you, only you or an “Authorized Agent” permitted to act on your behalf may submit a request. An “Authorized Agent” means a natural person or a business entity you have authorized to act on your behalf by providing your written permission. Please note that we may deny a request from an Authorized Agent if they do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Your request must:
- Provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an Authorized Agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail for us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority. To verify your identity, we will match any personal data you provide with the details we already maintain. If we are unable to verify your identity based on the data we maintain, we will let you know.
We will retain your personal data only for those periods necessary to fulfill the various purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
Use of this site by minors
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of minors, especially in the online environment. This site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at minors under the age of 18. We request that minors not use this site. We do not knowingly collect data from minors on this site. If we become aware that we have received data from a person under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete such data from our records.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post a revised version of this Privacy Statement on this site. Your use of this site is subject to the terms in the version of this Privacy Statement posted on this site at the time of your visit. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to remain informed about how we are protecting your data.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our data handling practices, please contact us at email@example.com